Monday, August 17, 2009

MTV World Stage in Malaysia!

Arrived at Pyramid in the afternoon. Police and guards standing around. Random people hanging around the entrance of Sunway Pyramid and Sunway Lagoon theme park. All waiting for the moment of truth. No, I'm not talking about Swine flu. It's MTV World Stage, baby!



3 reasons why i went. First, i haven't been to a concert before, so i wanted to try. Second, it's right after my final (double the reason for me to go and party). Third, my favourite band is playing!!! (The more i want to go).

The show was kick off by our local bang, Estranged, which i have to say, they really know how to kick things off. They played 3 songs. I only know 2 of the songs they played. At the last song they played, they made the crowd bend down (predictably to make us jump). I don't blame them for doing that cuz i understand it's to make the crowd active. But the moment he said, "Jump!", everyone, front, back, side, middle, all banged on each other. I was squash and pushed around by all the people around me. Not a good highlight. It was already a very uncomfortable standing position - very cramped and it was raining. And the jumping didn't help much. It just made it more uncomfortable and cramper.

Next stop is the one i was waiting for - the one that made me go to this event, BOYS LIKE GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!! I was honestly excited and i went bizzard! I was waiting and praying and hoping to see them live and i finally got that wish. Although i was far away from the sate and can hardly see them, i still manage to get a glimpse of Martin and Paul (H-O-T!). The first song they sang was their new single off their new album, Love Drunk. The whole crowd sang along. Next, they sang my personal favourite, Thunder and Hero/Heroin. I sang my heart out. The feeling was awesome. While they were singing Thunder, it started drizzling again but stopped eventually. The last song was the song that made me fall in love with them, The Great Escape! Woo-Hoo!!!
Getting all hyped up and excited, unfortunately, i didn't get to enjoy the performance because half the time i was being pushed around once again like a ping pong ball and all squash in between sweaty people (eeewww.. i know!) But i was happy to just hear their voice live. Heard they are having a concert in Malaysia this coming October (VIP tickets, here i come!).



After being squeeze like a can of sardine, Jon, Ray, and I decided to go behind, away from the sardine crowd and grab a drink. Anyway, it was a break for the audience. So, we spent the rest of the concert behind and far away from the stage but at least still viewable and less cramped. We grabbed a drink for ourselves and guess what? It's RM5 for each drink! I had 2, so that means i spent RM10 on drinks itself. That's close to a cup of Starbuck's Flappacino! So, remind me next time when my career ever fails, i just need to open one satay stall at any concert and sell them for RM5 per stick!!! Muahahahaha! My evillll plan! XD

The next performance was Raygun and then Pixie Lott. Honestly, i have not heard of them until this event. Sad. But at least i heard of their songs on MTV before. I did dance to their music but i didn't know the song. Their performance was not bad but if they had more FM plays, they would probably have more impact on the audience.

After being entertain by the DJ with awesome songs, it was time for......... drum-roll please........

HOOBASTANK!!!

Their performance outshine the rest who performed (Yes, i have to admit, even BLG's). They sang their new singles from their albums and their most, and i mean most popular song that made them famous, The Reason. They whole crowd and i mean THE WHOLE CROWD, sang along to the song. It was an awesome feeling. I think the crowd made Malaysia proud for a change. I love their performance so much. And before they sang that song and turn the crowd upside down, they teased the crowd with a famous theme song, the Ghostbusters theme song. They said it's one of their new songs on their albums. LOL! The whole crowd scream and shouted, "Ghostbusters" when they sang, "Who're you gonna call?". A memorable performance to me.

Besides Hoobastank who made us all crazy and wild, the most anticipated performance by a band that is from the same state with my fav band, Boston, THE ALL AMERICAN REJECTS!



Their performance was off-the-hook! Totally love them now! If you ask me which performance do i prefer, Hoobastank or The All American Rejects, i'll faint for you cuz that is one difficult question. Their performance was awesome as well. They performed songs from their latest album and also It Ends Tonight which is my favourite song by them ever! Tyson, the lead singer was sweating like nobody's business (all of the performers did) sang his lungs out. Me too sang and shouted my lungs out. AHH! Talking about it brings back so much energy. My energy was so high like as if i just ate or drank some energy-booster pill or something, considering i didn't eat my dinner!

Kasabian was the next to perform. An guess what? After AAR performed, many people started making their way out. Sad for Kasabian. The host aka MTV VJs tried to make them stay but there were an army of them just leaving the surf beach. I only stayed until the second song by Kasabian (again, haven't heard about them before but i know they are really popular in the U.K.) I have to say, although many had left, there were still a majority of them who stayed and supported them.That's the Malaysian spirit!

All and all, it was a amazing concert and i didn't regret going although the pushing and body hugging distance with the people around me was a total turn off, i will definitely attend another concert but maybe VIP style. XD

This is my first time to a concert so i'm not sure how to grade this event but i'll most probably give an "A" or a 8.5 out of 10.


Visit my Facebook page to see the pics!


No comments: