Sunday, December 20, 2009

Delifrance Restaurant - From just flour to everything else

The one country i would love to visit some time. Actually, the first country i want to visit once i get my passport! Well, if i get my French up my sleeves first.

Delifrance is one bakery that gives you a hint of what the French eat. It has been around for a very, very long time. If not mistaken, older than me!

Anyways, Delifrance is now not only your average bakery serving one of the best croissant in Malaysia, it is now a restaurant! I think most of us know that right?

I went there for lunch this weekend cuz everywhere else was full-house - even McDonald's and the most organic restaurant i ever saw!

The food was something we can find at every western restaurant, from spaghetti to Lamb Shank!

SERVICE
Honestly, bad! The menu was not given to us when we were seated. They took very long to take our order. They serve the food quite slow (the soup came earlier than my mineral water!). So, to me, personally, the service was really bad that day. I guess it'll be better if there were less people.

FOOD
Food wise, it was mediocre. It felt that the chef was in hurry when he/she made it. Well, maybe he/she was. If they took time to actually present the food properly, and clean the side of the plate (finger prints on the plate - not a good sign!), i would probably enjoy my food more.

I should be less critical about it right? Alrite'!


Tuna D'licious
A chef recommendation. Tuna stuffed in their delicious croissant with green salad.
It looks more filling than it actually is.
I like it! A healthier alternative to carbs.


Spaghetti Bolognaise (Chicken)
Your ordinary spaghetti. I think everyone can make as equally as good
or better spaghetti. It was served with garlic bread,
which i thought was very hard.


Pancake Suzette
Sounds fancy? Not really. It's just flat pancake with apple cubes stuffed in it.
And of course, ice cream. The menu stated "hot" pancake but
the pancake was cold.
It was sour and sweet at the same time.
I wish the chef had putted more effort in presenting it.


Chicken Hot Pudding
One of their specialties - pastry! Yum!
This pastry looks like a mini pizza but really, it's not.
It has a crispy texture on the top and soft in the inside.
I think that's enough to make anyone drool.

Overall, i still love this place cuz of its pastry and satisfying enough for my tummy. :D

Bistro Mid Valley Megamall
03-22845658
LG-052. LG Floor
Mid Valley Megamall LT397.
Mukim Kuala Lumpur
Batu 2 1/2 Jalan Klang Lama
58000 Kuala Lumpur


Note: Delifrance service doesn't end with just a cafe and bakery, it also provides catering services! So if you're planning to throw a tea-party, www.delifrance.com.my/catering.php is the place to go!


P.S.: This is base on personal liking and taste. It may vary with different people.


Bon appetit!

xoxo

No comments: