Friday, December 4, 2009

Garden Cafe - Green Garden Food

I got the opportunity to put my taste buds to a test. And may i say, my taste buds were very, very happy indeed. Like happy campers. :D


The Garden Cafe is a restaurant situated at the heart of 1 Utama, Damansara. It's decorated with whole lots of greenaries to emphasize the name of the restaurant. With such decor, it surely is not a hard to miss restaurant. But of course, with our Malaysian eyes, anything is possible. I'm gonna try to keep this short and simple. I mean, it's food, we don't exactly write a whole story about it before we eat, do we?

But i have to give them credit for the atmosphere. Very peaceful and romantic. There's even a white grand piano set at the middle of the restuarant.

Right! I'm a very easily pleased person, so any food goes. Their food is very nicely done. Not wanting to sound cliche or anything but the food is simply delicious.


1. Seafood Spaghetti
I love pasta! Personally, this one is a little too dry to my liking.
There's a hint of spice (as you can see in the picture, theres chopped chillies)
and the prawns is very, very fresh!



2. Lentil Soup
Easily mistaken as pumpkin soup but surprisingly, it's not.
There's duck in it, although you can't see it or taste it that much.
It has a smokey taste to it and the texture is what we all want our soup to be -
- CREAMY!



3. Garden Sandwich
Love the fries! It's not your everyday McDonald's french fries.
This ones are cut curly and thick, so you can really taste the potato.
And it's not oily at all and not salty. The sandwich was normal to me, nothing special.



4. Dory Fish with sweet sauce
This is one of the best fish i ever tasted!
You know how you get these fried fish covered with flour
and all you get is just flour and a small piece of fish in the middle?
Hah! Yeah, been there, done that.But this one is not gonna fool ya'.
The fish is the size you see. There are certain parts of the fish that
is no longer crisp cuz of the sauce but you can really tell that the fish is fresh.
The sauce is sweet with pineapple taste. Perfect topping.



5. Black Pepper Chicken Chop
Ahh... What kinda restaurant that doesn't have chicken chop these days?
One of my favourite dish from them. Why?
Because of the sauce and the chopped potatoes!
The black pepper is not that spicy but instead it has a sweet taste to it.
It goes really well with the perfectly grilled chicken.



6. Wild Mushroom Soup
I like this one better than the Lentil Soup. This one is much more to my liking.
It still has the creamy texture. It's not like your Campbell soup.
The mushroom taste a lil' different. Not sure which one's better.



7. Foie-Gras with Green Apple
Well, this is something very different from the rest.
Not my favourite at all!
Foie-Gras is goose liver, for those who don't know what's that.
And if you've eaten it before, you know what i mean.
It tasted a little bitter. It has a soft texture. This dish isn't for everybody - some can take it whereas, like me, can't.



8. Smoked Duck Breast with Orange Cous-cous
Something i never tried before in my life. I mean, the cous-cous, not the duck.
The duck is medium-rare, as you can see from the colour.
I was afriad of raw meat but it actually tasted ok!
The cous-cous has a ricey texture and a tangy-orangy taste.



9. Chicken Roulade Stuffed with Mushroom & Pine Nut
Just looking at the picture is making me crave for it now!
Yum yum and more yum!
The round thingie you see is the chicken rolled (roulade) with 4 types of vegetables.
Its very soft but chewy at the same time!



10. Fruit Sorbet
This one is mango sorbet. Suitable for any sweet-tooth junkie!
Pineapple sorbet. Nope! It's not sour. I like this one among the lot.
Lemon sorbet. Don't worry. It's not sour too. Sweet, yes!



11. Blueberry Cocktail Tea
What's a garden without tea? This bloody red tea is non-alcoholic.
So, don't be fooled by the name.
To me, it's quite tasteless. You can taste the blueberry but its not sweet, whatsoever. Very bland.


Overall, a very nice experience. I would definitely go there again with *cough* someone special...

P.S.: This is based on individual's taste and liking. I may like it, but not necessarily you would. And if there's any other further questions about this restaurant or the food, feel free to drop a comment. Thanks!

Cheers~

xoxo

No comments: