Monday, December 14, 2009

I scream for Coookies!!!

Sitting at home... alone... Wishing someone would just sweep off my feet or something. But we're talking about reality people! So instead of sitting at home with the television all to myself (trust me, that sounds extremely awesome), i decided to put on my baking gloves and put my oven to work!

What did i bake?


Guess?
...
...
...
...
...

Give up?


Chocolate cookies of course! (Anyone who knows me, would know what i'll bake - So for future reference, I'll bake anything involving chocolate! :D)

I got this recipe from my mom (who got it from a recipe book). So, i'm sharing the recipe with you guys on what goes in to this fabulous cookies i made!

Ok, if this recipe is copyrighted or belongs to somebody, i mean no harm and no copyright infringement intended.


Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups breadcrumbs (approximately 10 pieces to 1 loaf of bread)
1/2 tsp baking powder
200g chocolate chips (I choose to put as much chocolate chips as i want, so, you decide)
200g castor sugar
125g butter
1 egg

This is my only reason why i bake :)

Directions:
1. Mixed the breadcrumbs and baking powder together.
2. Blend sugar and butter, and add in egg slowly.
3. Fold in breadcrumbs and baking powder into the mixture.
4. Add in chocolate chips and mix well.
5. Shape dough into small marbles and place into paper cups. Bake in preheated oven with temperature of 180 Celsius for 10 - 12 minutes or until cooked. (The temperature and cooking time may vary with different oven, so, my advice is to test 2 or 4 cookies before baking a whole tray of cookies.)

Step 2: Mix, mix, mix!!!

Step 4: All mixed up!

Step 5: Not exactly shape as a marble...

What did I tell ya'?
Failed cookies - Burned!


Fingers cross for the first batch...

Finally! It came out just right.... cookie craze!

Isn't it just a pretty sight?



Wait! One last look...
Final product..... *smile*

Mmm... It turned out kinda chewy. By the looks of it, i thought it'll be a crunchy cookie but looks like i was wrong. The cookies lasted for 2 weeks. But after the first week, the cookie starts to lose its taste, so, better serve it before it turns bad!

Well, that's all for now!

Cheers~

xoxo

No comments: