Thursday, December 17, 2009

Rain, sun, "snow", and everything in between

It's kinda too late for posting this up but i feel that the pictures taken will be wasted if i didn't put it into good use. If you've read my previous post, Le sentiment de manquer et l'amour, you'll most probably know bout' this one. As i was still working for MYC! at that time, i got a chance to attend Dennis Lau's Debut CD Launch at Shook Starhill KL.

This was one event that i will remember. No, it's not because i get to see Dennis Lau in person (Honestly, i didn't even know who he was before i was assigned to go for this event), it's because of how i went there to see him. Starhill, one of the prestigious shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur. I walked in, and i already felt like a million dollars. Hah!

Ok, here's a little info on what happen...

"It was a very nice afternoon, i took a cap to the LRT station and from there i took the LRT all the way to KL Sentral, where i took the Monorail and stopped at the Bukit Bintang station. Ok, no worries, it sounds confusing with so many transportation. What happened was, it has been a very, very long time since i actually when down to KL with the train. So, there were a few changes there and not to mention a renovation blocking my view to see where the Monorail was. To summarize things, I got lost!

Yeah... I don't usually get lost but that day was an exceptional. After walking for more than 10 minutes and asking 4 people for direction, i finally found the Monorail station! Kudos to me!!!

And to make things much more fantastic, it was raining!

I felt really out of place when i arrived. Everyone were dressed-up in nice elegant dresses and men in ironed shirt and some even in coat (note: i was in my simple-t and jeans!!!).

To make myself feel better, i told myself that i was there to work, not to mingle around celebrities and sip champagne, no matter how nice that sounds."

Alrite, enough embarassment talk of me now. All i can say is, i made it there safely, late but safely, not dry though...

A few noted celebrities were there that i spotted such as Xandria Ooi, Syafinaz Selamat, Will Quah (emcee of the evening), and a few more others that their names can't be recalled.

Oh, before i forget, those who don't know who Dennis Lau is, he is a Malaysian violinist. Here's his personal blog if you wanna check it out > http://dennislaumusic.blogspot.com (i Googled it).

He performed several times to give the audience a taste of his talents. I managed to settle down my nerves before he performed, so, i quite enjoyed his performance. I felt his passion for his violin playing and piano playing as well. He later did a duet with Syafinaz which i thought was amazing! But i like his duet with Jimmy Sax better where he played the violin and Jimmy with his saxophone.

All 5 pictures from Dennis Lau's officials
(Copyrights to the original ow
ner - not me)

Overall it was a nicely planned media launch. If you want to read more about it, get your copy of MYC! News December issue now...


Don't even get me started with my journey back home... Urgh! Let's just say it was more of a human jam than a traffic jam.

Here's some pics i took (there were approximately 50 over pics but i chose a few here)

Will Quah

Performing with Jimmy Sax

With Malaysian Beat-boxer - Shawn Lee

Syafinaz Selamat



Cheers!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: